CIRE TRUDON L'Oeuf Abd el Kader Refill 300ml
Diffuser Accessories by Cire Trudon
Standing out as a symbol of the Renaissance, L’Œuf combines the softness of unglazed ceramic and the strength of a satin-black, turned wood stand. L’Œuf is inspired by ancient ‘Cabinets of Curiosities’, great exploration routes and the glorification of the animal kingdom.
More than 3 months of diffusion.
The set is composed of a 300ml bottle and 8 reeds.
In 1643 a salesman named Claude Trudon arrived in Paris and became the owner of a store in Rue Saint-Honoré. He was a grocer but also a wax merchant and supplied his customers with candles for lighting their homes and for the parish. On the eve of Louis XIV's reign, Trudon thus created a small family manufacturing business that was to carry his name forward and make the fortune of his heirs. His son Jacques also became a shopkeeper and wax producer and entered the court of Versailles in 1687, as apothecary distiller of Marie-Thérèse, wife of the King. In the 18th century, in 1737, Hierosme Trudon purchased the most famous wax factories of the era from the official wax provider to King Louis XV. Trudon grew and began supplying the French court and the most important churches. The Trudon company supplied Versailles until the very end of the monarchy. As Napoleon's wax producer during the Empire, the company survived the arrival of domestic lighting and the birth of the "electric revolution" continuing to prosper. Trudon continued its work throughout the centuries, without ever interrupting its activity, particularly through the making of traditional candles and perfumed candles for the greatest names. It is now the oldest and most prestigious wax manufacturer in the world.